Many of you have shared that one of your key concerns around online member acquisition is risk and compliance. You’ve also asked us to tell you more about how cumulus™ – our online onboarding solution gets such big results while at the same time meeting FINTRAC and AML compliance.
We get it. Facilitating the opening of accounts online is rapidly emerging as a primary requirement. It needs to tick every box. It makes sense that people need added reassurance that all barriers are removed and that compliance and regulation bases are covered.
That’s why we are collaborating with Canada’s AML industry leader Matthew McGuire, a Chartered Professional Accountant who leads the National Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Practice and the Investigative and Forensic Services Group in Ontario for MNP LLP.
Matthew is also:
- the founder and Director of Seneca College’s Canadian Institute for Financial Crime Analysis
- a member of the Department of Finance’s Public/Private Sector Advisory Committee on AML/ATF (Anti-Terrorist Financing)
- Chair of CPA Canada’s AML Committee
- a member of the Credit Union Central of Canada’s AML Committee.
Together with his team of full-time dedicated AML specialists in offices across Canada, Matthew leverages his regulatory and investigative experience to empower companies and governments with regulatory compliance and financial crime risk mitigation strategies, guiding them through regulatory exams and interventions, assisting with financial crime investigations and providing litigation support.
Since his time as an intelligence analyst with FINTRAC, Matthew has been speaking regularly on the topic of money laundering and financial crime to reporting entities, law enforcement, prosecutors, financial intelligence units, universities and conferences. He also authors articles for periodicals.
His many other credentials include:
- an Honours Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Accounting degree from the University of Waterloo
- received and was valedictorian for the University of Toronto’s Diploma in Investigative and Forensic Accounting program at the Rotman School of Management
- certified as an Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) by the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- accredited as an Anti-Money Laundering Professional (AMLP) by the Bank Administration Institute
- qualified and admitted by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice as an expert witness in forensic accounting and money laundering
- testified before Senate committees and before the House of Commons Finance Committee and matters related to money laundering legislation
Chat with Matthew at our upcoming webinar
Bring your compliance and risk colleagues (along with your marketing and operations leaders), to our 45 minute webinar on August 19th, where we will show you how cumulus™ is changing the game in the online space, and meeting every AML and FINTRAC requirement.
We know that it’s hard to be first in adopting a new technology. Join us and see how comfortable it is to take the leap into digital member onboarding.