Every day, each member of our team sits down in front of his or her computer screen with the goal of accomplishing something for our company, themselves or our clients. Usually, it is all three. Given the quirky personalities on our team, we were kind of curious about what those ‘somethings’ could be. So we asked. Some of the answers were very altruistic. Some were downright goofy.
Get some insight into how our crazy little team ticks by reading a few of their answers.
What are two things you most look forward to about the work you do at thirdstream every day?
Let’s start with Donedin, our administrator extraordinaire. She greets each of us (and our clients) with a friendly smile every day and generally makes life a little brighter for everyone. When we asked her for her ‘two things’, she said:
- Being able to make a difference.
- The sense of accomplishment I get at the end of a day.
Awww. That is so sweet. Other teammates echoed her with similar sentiments.
Isaac – our QA strategist and junior editor shares:
- As a copy editor, I like seeking out issues and rectifying them before we send out our documents. It makes me feel like I am an intricate part of the process (which he most certainly is).
- I like QA for a lot of the same reasons I posted for #1. I enjoy the challenge of seeking out issues and contributing to the project at large. Essentially, I like the feeling of contributing my skills towards a larger goal.
Mike – our lead designer (and man of few words) enjoys:
- The people.
- Learning and playing with new technologies.
Mihir – our business analyst likes:
- To take on a project and see it through to success.
- Giving the clients an end-product that meets their needs and makes them happy.
Rachel, our VP of Business Development say she most enjoys:
- Working with the team and watching great ideas come to life.
- Solving problems for our clients.
Other answers blend whimsy with altruism.
Kristy, our social marketing director says:
- Learning. I literally learn something new EVERY day.
- The laughter. There’s always lots of that…when we take the time to look up from our screens.
Paul, our lead programmer likes to ask himself:
- What challenge am I going to overcome with an amazing solution today?
- How will I ‘tag-team-the-heck out of it’ with my co-workers?
Raul, another of our talented programmers looks forward to:
- The challenge of building our applications.
- Seeing how many Dr. Pepper cans I can stack on my desk. (The answer is 8, because that’s when Jeff comes in and knocks them off).
Jeff, our (dry-witted) Director of User Experience asked to have three things on his list:
- Talking to Kathy.
- Talking to Kathy.
- Working on new software/functionality.
Speaking of Kathy, our Creative/Copy Director loves brainstorming and connecting with clients. She says:
- I look forward to the brain drain that occurs after a really awesome idea is articulated. And the thrill we all get when that idea comes to life.
- I really enjoy talking with our clients about what they love most – their credit unions and their members. Each story is so unique. I feel incredibly lucky when our creative team gets to help them find a way to tell it.
We’re an unusual collection of big thinkers, oddballs, artists and everything in between. We love the work that we do and it’s fair to say we love that we do it together.